Sport Development Program Teacher:
SEDA College SA is an independent, co-educational senior secondary college (Year 11 and Year 12) designed to engage, educate and empower young people through the power of sport, as they transition from school to employment or further education.
SEDA College SA delivers the SEDA Model, which achieves quality learning outcomes by integrating students’ interests and personalised curriculum with hands on learning that is embedded in the sport industry, alongside peak sporting partners. This nurtures work-ready, mature, resilient and capable young people who, on completing their SACE and VET, are empowered through a range of pathway choices in further education and/or employment.
Due to increasing enrolments at SEDA College SA, we are currently seeking qualified and motivated teachers to join our team for 2020 and beyond in the role of:
Sport Development Teacher (Full time)
Located across the Adelaide Metropolitan Area, SEDA College SA is seeking to fill positions across one or more of the following programs:
- Adelaide Crows AFL Program
- SACA Cricket Program
- Netball SA Netball Program
- Football Federation SA Football Program
- Basketball SA/Adelaide 36ers/Adelaide Lightning Basketball Program
Key Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Undertaking the duties of a teacher and committing to the development of young people
- Delivering curriculum and assessment material for SACE and VET courses (Sport and Recreation);
- Maintaining all assessment and reporting documentation for SACE and VET courses including records/reports for all program participants;
- Leading a key area of the College’s learning and/or support program/s
- Developing and maintaining strong partnerships with key stakeholders (including parents, students, local community, employers and local government);
- Implementing and supporting the relevant Sporting Partner’s strategic plan;
- Committing to continuous self- improvement, and
- Committing to ongoing improvement of provision
Position Requirements (including, but not limited to):
- Current Teacher Registration Board (TRB SA) registration (or ability to gain it);
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116 (required or willing to obtain prior to 28 January 2020);
- Current Driver’s Licence;
- Current First Aid qualification (including CPR and Anaphylaxis Training) (required or willing to obtain);
- Experience in playing and coaching sport;
- Well-developed written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong and appropriate relationships with young people and adults;
- Ability to be self-motivated;
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and manage workload, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances.
You will be joining an exciting and vibrant college that has a genuine focus on its people and the attainment of quality performance to underpin strong outcomes for young people in a role that will be exciting, challenging, autonomous and enormously rewarding.
Applicants are required to submit a CV and a covering letter, demonstrating a strong understanding of the College, its purpose and unique programs.
Simultaneously, strong applicants will communicate how they will deliver learning through a highly-personalised approach. The inclusion and demonstration of relevant key skills and attributes is essential.
Enquiries about the roles can be directed to Matthew Daly, Principal at SEDA College SA, on 0427 661 467 or by email (email@example.com)
To apply in strict confidence, please send your completed application to the Principal, Matthew Daly, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Appointment of successful applicants will be made subject to satisfactory evidence of qualifications and teaching registration.
Applications close Sunday 15 September 2019 at 11.59 p.m.
Successful applicants will be notified by Sunday 22 September 2019.
Interviews will take place in w/c Monday 30 September 2019