Basketball Sports Development Program
Complete Years 11 and 12 whilst having a direct industry link with basketball SA, Adelaide 36ers and Adelaide Lightning. You will have significant learning and work-related opportunities in a hands-on sporting environment all connected to your passion for basketball.
- South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) -Stage 1
- South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) -Stage 2
- VET Qualification in Sport and Recreation
SEDA College SA provides training and assessment services, individual support services and recruitment of prospective learners for these qualifications on behalf of SEDA Group (RTO Provider: 22503). seda.edu.au.
Opportunities and Learning Experiences
There are a range of opportunities and experiences:
- Match day work opportunities in NBL, WNBL and Premier League competitions
- Work placement opportunities for exemplary students with professional and governing body organisations
- Events management learning and development opportunities at the Titanium Arena
- Deliver community programs alongside elite basketball players from the Adelaide 36ers and the Adelaide Lightning
- Achieve coaching and refereeing accreditation to establish and support your career in the basketball industry
- Learn from visiting speakers from the basketball industry
- Achieve your SACE and VET qualifications through the application of all learning through the sport of basketball in a sport-focused environment
Playing the game
As a part of going to school, you get to apply what you learn to improve your game. You will have opportunities to develop your own basketball skills through professional-led coaching sessions, as well as enjoy the variety that comes from looking at other sports.