South Australian Cricket Association (SACA) Sports Development Program
Unique opportunity for you to complete Years 11 and 12 and connect your studies with the cricket industry.
- South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) -Stage 1
- South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) -Stage 2
- VET Qualification in Sport and Recreation
SEDA College SA provides training and assessment services, individual support services and recruitment of prospective learners for these qualifications on behalf of SEDA Group (RTO Provider: 22503). seda.edu.au.
Opportunities and Learning Experiences
In this program you will experience a mix of practical and classroom based activities linked to your interest. You will also spend time working with cricket industry staff to achieve a genuine understanding of different job roles in the industry. This will provide you with the opportunity to develop networks, learn directly from industry professionals and gain entry to high profile venues and events.
SACA Sports Development Program students are provided with a range of opportunities to experience what it would be like to work in the cricket industry including:
- Opportunities to become involved in events like the Domain Test Matches, Gillette One Day Internationals and T20 fixtures
- Event coordination assistance at Domain Test matches, Gillette One Day International and T20 fixtures
- Fan activation activities at KFC Big Bash League games for the Adelaide Strikers
- Opportunities to secure work placements across a variety of departments at the SACA and Adelaide Strikers
- Community Coach Accreditation Course
- Level 1 Umpiring Accreditation
The SACA Team
Our team of teachers, trainers and industry partners have strong connections and experience with the professional cricket industry. In partnership with local and national cricket organisations our team teach a practical curriculum that provides students the opportunity to gain industry experience.
Playing the Game
In addition to developing your knowledge of the cricket industry you will also have the opportunity to apply what you learn to improve your game. Class activities will include performance training, skill development, tactical sessions and fitness training as well as the chance to participate in a range of other sports.